Friday, April 29, 2016

Color Play Friday 80's Skate Party 4.29.16

Happy Friday Everyone!  We've had a crazy week getting ready for our one year anniversary for the store.  The time has gone by so fast and it's hard to believe how far we have come since I first started this adventure.  My family, friends and co-workers have all been amazing and supportive through this entire year. I couldn't have done it without them.

This picture definitely takes me back to the 80's when I was a kid and at a school skate party.  I broke my arm while there with my best friend who is still my bestie to this date.  Can't say it's the best memory and my kids still don't understand why I wouldn't be excited to put skates on.

I took the challenge of this picture by storm this week and went a little crazy with the aqua/teal and mixing it with the deeper reds and greens.  Surprisingly it worked for me.  Some of you might think I'm crazy and you're right!  I just love how playing with these pictures color palettes and fabric really make me see beyond my normal color scales that I have used for years.  Ask me to put aqua and red together and you'd get a funny look from me but now I really want to try it.

I hope you enjoy my crazy selection as much as I do!




Fabric Selection:
Flow by Zen Chic for Moda
Gigi's Blooms by AdornIt
La Vie Boheme by The Quilted Fish for Riley Blake
Chipper by Tula Pink for Westminster/Free Spirit
Wonderland by Katarina Roccella for Art Gallery


For more information about Color Play Friday or if you would like to join us contact eitherLorinda Davis of Laurel, Poppy and Pine or Trina Seagraves of InAnOtterLife.

To see other variations of Color Play Friday check out the following wonderful ladies blogs:
Chrissy at Lovehazelhoney.blogspot.com

1 comment:

  1. Mindy, I broke my arm (wrist) at a school skate too! Man, roller skating is dangerous! Lol. Great bundle this week. Also, CONGRATS on the one year anniversary! That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete