Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Happy Anniversary!!

Can you believe it has been a year already?? I can't.  So many things have happened since then.  The first day we opened is just a blur.  I want to thank all of you who have helped me along my journey.  I have made so many new sewing friends.  I am truly thankful.

Just over a year ago Katie joined me in my crazy dream to open and amazing quilt shop in Snohomish.  She has been my rock, my sanity and the devil on my shoulder.  She met me at the shop every day to cut and prep all the bolts of fabric that had been waiting in my home.  Alix soon joined us in dragging bolts from my house to the class room.  Unwrapping bolt upon bolt with my boys Alex and Zach.  The day we finally had the bookcases ready you'd think we won the lottery.  Katie and I were so happy every day we came in and got to look at our color wall.  We were like kids in a candy store.  Fabric candy that its.

Here are a few pics from the beginning:




My house was a little taken over before we got the store location.  Once we found the Snohomish location I knew it was meant to be.  Here are some pictures from how the shop looked during remodel.




Who knew shelving would make us so giddy with joy??  The day we were able to start building the color wall we were head over heels in love.  My poor contractor Bryan thought we were nuts.




Aren't these just the prettiest things you have ever seen?

Soon we had our opening day.  What a insane day that was figuring out the computer system and getting everyone through the store. My poor husband patiently dealing with all the problems for us and continues to put up me when we have "issues".  I have to give a shout out to my mother, Donna, who was there for me in the early days and continues to help out when I need her.  Her love and support has truly been wonderful.  The first day was a wonderful day filled with smiles and budding friendships and it continues to be that way.  These are just a few of the reasons I am glad I made the decision to open my own shop.




Since those days we have added even more fabric.  Who knew I'd figure out how to fit 500 more bolts into this place??  We have added more staff that I couldn't do without.  Judi, Trina, Chelsey and Allison all have their different talents and skills that they bring to the cutting table.  These lovely ladies keep me inspired and make sure everything keeps rolling.


Left to Right: Chelsey, Allison, Mindy, Alix, Judi, Katie, Donna and Trina. (We even know how to color coordinate without even trying.)

Classes are still continuing to grow as we pick up more instructors and offered more types of classes. Jane, Lori, Krista, Joyce, Jackie, Connie, Sheila, Sydney, Kathy, Melanie and Donna have all been wonderful to work with and great teachers to have in the shop.  If you haven't gotten to take a class yet check out our website to see what all we have to offer.

I can't thank everyone enough for all the love and support.  Snohomish is our home.  Mayhem is our life and we are here to stay.







3 comments:

  1. Congratulations. I can see how shelving units can make you giddy. What a wonderful shop and staff. Hope to visit one day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your store it's one of my first stops when I get to WA and I'm so happy it's within walking distance of my sister's place. See you in July!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your store it's one of my first stops when I get to WA and I'm so happy it's within walking distance of my sister's place. See you in July!!!!

    ReplyDelete