Friday, March 11, 2016

Color Play Friday Minneapolis

Welcome to Color Play Friday!  This has been a roller coaster week for me.  I was happy to get a lot of projects done earlier this week and now I feel like I am running behind.  This is one of my favorite parts of the week so I am glad it's here.

I have been to Minneapolis a couple time for work but never really got to see the city to find beautiful buildings like this one.  I found some hidden color gems in the flags which gave me a better variety for the palette.  The rest I pulled from the trees and sky.

My color choices gave me a good challenge to try to brighten up what I felt was a somewhat muted palette.  We just got Tula Pinks #Chipper fabric in the shop so of course I had to get a couple of those pieces into the selection.  My secret (or not so secret) obsession for foxes and owl came through with the adorable fabric from Shauna Scicluna #ForestFable.  I just LOVE that fabric!

Enough talk.  On to #ColorPlayFriday !!

Fabric Selection:
Cat Lady by Sarah Watts for Cotton + Steel
Chipper - The Wanderer by Tula Pink for Westminster
Forest Fable by Shauna Scicluna for Andover
Chipper - Fox Nap by Tula Pink for Westminster
Wonderland by Melissa Mortenson for Riley Blake

The Nitty Gritty:
If you would like to join all us lovely ladies in Color Play Friday hop on over to Trina at InAnOtterLife and Lorinda of LaurelPoppyandPine to get the scoop on how to play along. You won’t regret it.

Supporting Cast:
Steph of Shimmy and More
Bethany of Sew-Not-Perfect
Chrissy of Love Hazel Honey

2 comments:

  1. Awesome bundle! I love all your little critters. I'm going to have to head out to the shop and get some Chipper from you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun to see some Chipper in there. Great bundle!

    ReplyDelete