Friday, March 18, 2016

Color Play Friday -Starburst




Welcome to an extra special Color Play Friday! Not only did we get a really awesome picture to work with we also have a contest going on provided by Stash Fabrics. So make sure you hop on over to Trina and Lorinda's websites for more details on how to win #colorplayfriday fat quarter bundles.

Now for the fun part. Playing with color and fabric. Red Starburst are my favorite so seeing a whole bowl of them just makes me giddy. I started with pulling from the reds and pinks in the picture. But I didn't want to just stop there. I have a hard time playing in just one color field and felt that it would have just make it too boring so I added the green and navy.

Navy is becoming so popular these days. Navy and coral are becoming my new favorite combination. I am seeing a lot of upcoming fabric lines using this combination. I can't wait to get to play with them more.

Because this weeks color play includes a bonus give away I wanted to make sure my fabrics choices we extra special. So true to my style I wanted animals in my fabric choices. To add to the challenge I decided that ALL my fabric choices had to have an animal. You would think this was an easy challenge but I will tell you it wasn't as easy as I would hope.

Nevertheless I still came out with a fun set of colors and fabrics that make me happy. Hope you enjoy my picks as much as I do and don't forget to enter to win free fabric.


Fabric Selection:

Chipper-Chipmuck by Tula Pink for Westminster
Butterflies by Lizzy House for Andover
Mustang by Melody Miller for Cotton + Steel
Jules and Indigo by Valori Wells for Robert Kaufman
Chipper-Fox Nap by Tula Pink for Westminster
Fibs and Fables by Anna Maria Horner for FreeSpirit

The Nitty Gritty:

If you would like to join all us lovely ladies in Color Play Friday hop on over to Trina at In An Otter Life and Lorinda of Laurel, Poppy and Pine to get the scoop on how to play along. You won’t regret it.

Supporting Cast:

Steph of Shimmy and More
Bethany of Sew-Not-Perfect
Chrissy of Love Hazel Honey
Sarah G of Sarah Goer Quilts
Yvonne from That's Sew Creative
Sarah S from 123 Quilt

5 comments:

  1. We have a fabric match this week! And I love the khaki and navy you added to compliment the pink tones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mindy, love all the pretty fabrics. There's so much life in this bundle. It is nice to see all the creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that all your fabrics have animals. How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, I love that you went with all animals! Kudos to you. I have always loved that horse print. Now that elephant is on my list also.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seriously that Valori Wells fabric!!! And the Mustangs!! You were able to work in so many great "focal" fabrics into one bundle! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete