Friday, April 15, 2016

Color Play Friday - EMP

It feels like forever since I've done a Color Play Friday.  Or even blogged for that matter. I need to rectify this problem.  I love playing with colors and fabric when I do my color play. Hopefully you love my choices as much as I do.  As always I am very thankful it is FRIDAY!!!!  

I really love this weeks picture that was chosen.  Besides just being an amazing reflection of the Seattle Space Needle on the EMP building the color and texture it captures is beautiful.  My love for the color orange is not one of my best kept secrets.

The picture captures the true essence of Seattle.  Typical overcast sky with the tail end of a nearby sunset reflecting off the metal exterior.  I would have loved to have been there at this time.  So many things were in play at the time to make this picture so perfect.


Fabric Selection:
Foxglove by Aneela Hoey for Cloud 9
Rhoda Ruth by Alizabeth Hartman for Robert Kaufman
In the Bloom by Valori Wells for Robert Kaufman
Foxtail Forest by Rae Ritchie for Dear Stella
Roam by Hawthorne Threads
Lavish by Katarina Roccella for Art Gallery

For more information about Color Play Friday or if you would like to join us contact either Lorinda Davis of Laurel, Poppy and Pine or Trina Seagraves of InAnOtterLife.

To see other variations of Color Play Friday check out the following wonderful ladies blogs:
Chrissy at Lovehazelhoney.blogspot.com

4 comments:

  1. I love that you picked out all the bright cheerful colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "My love for the color orange is not one of my best kept secrets." Quote of the day, right there! Love the bundle, and glad you're back at it. Have a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great bundle I really like the foxglove orange fabric (1st ).

    ReplyDelete