Friday, January 29, 2016

Color Play Friday -Crabpot

Welcome to Color Play Friday!

Our group of players are Lorinda -from Laurel, Poppy and Pine, Trina (my internet elf) from In An Otter Life, Steph of Shimmy and More, and Yvonne from Quilty Dream.

So this weeks #colorplayfriday was one of Trina’s pictures from her first date with Nathan. We definitely have more color choices this time compared to last weeks. I love color so this makes my happy. I am really glad I joined this group. Being forced to work with colors and palettes I’m not used to is really teaching me to stretch how I see color. This is a great skill building experience.

Trina couldn’t go wrong with her choice of pics this time. It just makes me hungry looking at it. Yummy buttery corn. Hot, steamed mussels and crab. Juicy kielbasa. Now I need a trip to the Crab Pot.

The fabric palette makes it even more fun. Who doesn’t love little pink hearts? I could almost even see making a quilt with these colors. I went with a bold rich palette to do this picture justice.

Here is my palette for the week.


My fabric choices are as follows:

Paperie by Amy Sinibaldi for Art Gallery

Pretty Potent Flannel by Anna Maria Horner for Westminster

Ex Libre by Allison Glass for Andover

Woodland Clearing by Liesel Gibson for Kaufman

A Path Knit in Certainty by Pat Bravo for Art Gallery

No comments:

Post a Comment