Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Zodiac BOM

I don’t know why block of the months are so addicting. Maybe it’s that fact that you are only doing one block or part per month so you don’t feel like you have to rush to get it done. I like that I feel I have more time to get through the project. I have several block of the months (BOM) being offered at the shop along with my own personal ones I am doing at home. Apparently I don’t think I have enough to do.

If you are looking for a foundation paper piecing BOM try joining Zodiac by Diane BOHN OF From Blank Pages. I signed up through Craftsy but you can also go to her site to purchase the BOM. The first month, Aquarius, was just released. I am a little scared by all the pieces but the pattern is so pretty I have to give it a try. I love that it comes with coloring pages so you can plan out your look ahead of time if you want to.


This pattern inspired me to create a palette of teals and lime greens. You will see some of Allison Glass Sunprints in my collection along with some Moda Grunge and even a batik with dragonflies . Now to start planning what will be used where and start sewing.

Here are my lovelies that I have picked for the entire quilt. So much lime green and teal happiness I don’t know what to do!


Aquarius is the first block we are working on. I am so excited. Here are the fabrics I chose for block one. Now to find time to piece it. You can follow my progress on Instagram @quilting_mayhem




No comments:

Post a Comment