Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Bonfire BOM Sister Swap

Well I have the second #BonfireBOM block done for my sister swap with Trina from In An Otter Life and Lorinda from Laurel, Poppy and Pine. The Sister Sampler Quilts book is still one of my favorite quilt books that I am doing two different quilt projects from. If you haven’t checked out the blog Gen X I highly recommend it.

The block this month was called Buttons. It’s outer curve corners were not my favorite and a lot of pins were required for this project. But the finished product is pretty so I can’t complain. Block still needs to be trimmed but it’s ready to swap.


I am still in love with my fabrics which makes this project all the more fun. I am using mostly fabric by Emily Herrick for Michael Miller called Rustique. My first pieces came from a quilt shop in Portland when I was first researching opening my own quilt shop. I was hooked and had to have more of the collection which sat and waited for the right project. When Trina showed me the palette she and Lorinda chose for the swap I knew this fabric finally had a home.

I’m glad to have this done and can’t wait for March to come so I can do the next one.

Sew…. moving on to the next project.

No comments:

Post a Comment