Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Zodiac BOM -Aquarius


Well I am off and running with this new foundation piecing block of the month. Aquarius was released from Diane Bohn of From Blank Pages and I just couldn’t wait to get it started. I was convinced that some end of bolt fabrics had to come home with me so I made them my focus colors for this new project. The girls always tease me that teal is my secret favorite color so I am embracing it. The teal Dit Dot from In the Beginning Fabrics and lime green Squared by Art Gallery were my “homeless” fabrics that needed a purposed. The rest I added to make the project complete.


I haven’t really done a lot of foundation piecing so this was a big undertaking to decide to do this year. I was pleased to find that the pattern is very well written and even has coloring pages to plan out the block and the quilt. While I don’t normally plan my quilts out far enough to require coloring pages I truly needed it this time. I wanted to make sure I made the lattice show up but I also wanted to focus on some of the secondary patterns to make them pop also.


Over the weekend I tackled block #1: Aquarius and am pleased with the results. Now to patiently wait for block #2.


No comments:

Post a Comment