Friday, February 19, 2016

Color Play Friday -Skywalker Horse

Hello, Friday! I thought you would never get here. It’s been a rough week coming back from the family trip and jumping right back into work. We had such a great time and beautiful weather so I can’t complain.

#Colorplayfriday is such a fun thing to do every week and I look forward to the challenge of creating new color schemes every week. If you would like to join us in the fun check out the Nitty Gritty section for more details on how to get involved.

Now that I am back into my groove it was time to work on giving Skywalker the horse a fabric and color palette as adorable as he is. I swear he looks like he’s saying “Can I have a treat? I’m really, really cute.” This picture just makes me smile every time I look at it.

My color choices this week are very soft. I started with the pale blue and it just inspired me to keep everything light. It was somewhat a challenge to get all soft colors from this picture due to Skywalker’s chocolaty coat and the grassy knoll but I got it to work out.

The white may have been a “cheater” piece for me but I just couldn’t ruin my soft colors with throwing in anything else. I had fun with the challenge I put on myself this week working with this palette.

Without further ado. Introducing the wonderful, magical “Skywalker” and his lovely palette of colors and fabric.


Fabric Palette Info:

Wonderland by Melissa Mortenson for Riley Blake

Moonshadow by Kim Schaefer for Andover

Cat Lady by Sarah Watts for Cotton + Steel

Curiosities by Jeni Baker for Art Gallery Fabrics

Quilters Pearl by Stof Fabrics

The Nitty Gritty:

If you would like to join all us lovely ladies in Color Play Friday hop on over to Trina at InAnOtterLife or Lorinda of LaurelPoppyandPine to get the scoop on how to play along. You won’t regret it.

Supporting Cast:

Steph of Shimmy and More

Sarah of Sarah Goer Quilts

Bethany from Not So Perfect

Yvonne from That’s Sew Creative

No comments:

Post a Comment