Friday, February 5, 2016

Color Play Friday – Hydrangea

Welcome back to Color Play Friday! I have to admit I have not had the time I would like to do #colorplayfriday this week. Life gets a little crazy and I may have just a bit much on my plate these days.

I love the picture Lorinda chose for the week. It is the epitome of Washington. I am a born and raised Washingtonian and very proud of it. I love that we can go from seeing the beautiful Puget Sound to being up in the Mountains in the matter of hours.

When trying to chose my color palette I attempt to capture a piece of every part of the picture. I will admit that I tried using the rust color from the structure and just couldn’t find a fabric I liked to go with is so I started over on a color choice and found the almond/cream color.



Here are the fabrics I chose:

True Colors by Joel Dewberry for Westminster

Simply Colorful by V & Co for Moda

Mochi by Rashida Coleman-Hale For Cotton + Steel

Aria by Kate Spain for Moda

Honeymoon by Sarah Watts for Cotton + Steel

The Nitty Gritty:

If you would like to join all us lovely ladies in Color Play Friday hop on over to Trina at InAnOtterLife or Lorinda of LaurelPoppyandPine to get the scoop on how to play along. You won’t regret it.

Supporting Cast:

Steph of Shimmy and More

Sarah of Sarah Goer Quilts

No comments:

Post a Comment